Friday, April 1, 2011

The Climb

by Janet (toptourist)
(Perth WA)

I am about to visit Uluru BUT I will NOT be climbing the rock.
A few years ago I studied Tourism studies and learnt a lot I did not know about the history the heritage and the beliefs of the Aboriginal people of the Uluru area. From that I learnt, I would never invade their privacy and beliefs by doing so.

It would be like people going to St Paul's cathedral in London and tourists starting to climb up the outside of the dome. I don't think so!!!
And I know for sure it would not take the English bobbies long before they had the climbers arrested.

So my tip is read and learn about this wonderfully sacred place and the owners of this land and then THINK TWICE before you disrespect them both.

Click here to post comments.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Ayers Rock Australia - Uluru Australia.


Return to top

Return to Outback Australia Travel Guide home page


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment